If you're looking for a therapist, it is important to find one who can really help you figure out what's going on and what to do about it.
I have experience working with a wide range of clients and concerns, including:
- teens, young adults, families, couples, and parents;
- highly traumatized and over-reactive clients;
- relationships (marital, family, work, school);
- anxiety, depression, anger, and loss;
- cultural differences and identity, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgenderism, race, religion, legal/immigrant status, and socioeconomic level.
I am tri-lingual (English, Spanish, Portuguese) and also provide consultations and trainings.
Why Do Therapy?
Depending on what's happened, you may be feeling overly anxious, depressed, and/or stressed—about yourself, your relationship(s), your parenting, or our world's current situation and future. You might notice yourself or someone you care about struggling to cope or feeling bad about themselves. A good therapist can help change things around. All it takes is some willingness to try.
Why Work With Me?
Because I'm not just a private-practice therapist. I also worked for many years in high-need and challenging environments, including schools, a medical reproductive clinic for teens and young adults, and a variety of community agencies. I have also supervised and taught other therapists. In short, I am highly experienced and know how to work with many different concerns and complex situations. If you'd like to learn more and see if I feel like a good fit, just give me a call.